Friday, September 9, 2011

the times they are a-changin'

well helloooo there! happy friday my lovelies. hope the first week of school has treated you all well. on my first day, i could tell that my mind/body was definitely still in summer mode and was rebelling against me trying to get ready in the morning. i stubbed my toe, dropped my mascara on the floor, dropped frozen fruit on the floor when i was trying to make my smoothie and then apparently, i've regressed to infancy and forgotten how to drink from a cup, because more of the smoothie ended up on my face than in my stomach. and that was all before 9am and my advanced flash class.... oh boy!! haha

the class was alright, if not slightly intimidating (computer programming and me do not mix, we have a sort of oil and water relationship) but i managed to make a flash animation of a bunch of shapes swirling around and a tiny kitten going across the screen while slowly turning pink. it was a small accomplishment, but something it was quite rewarding, being able to do something that you thought you'd never be able to do in a million years!

then i came home on break with my roommate, and tried to figure out our lame internet situation while eating lunch. we ended up going with this rogers student deal thing for 65, in which we get really shitty cable tv (ch 2 - 28) but super fast internet! sooo i'd say it's worth it because we can just watch all of our tv online. phewf problem solved. no more dropped connections.

then was my sociology of technology class. i think it is going to be really awesome. the prof seems like he really knows what he is talking about, and he is funny and interesting to listen to. reminds me of good old mr. morden, if any of my high school friends are reading this ;) love him.

after class, the plan was to go to sneaks for some late dinner nachos and then go upstairs to dance our butts off. best plan ever i'd say. for those of you who don't know me, i am a huge lover of sneaks. i know, i know, it's a dive bar, it's disgusting blah blah blah. make fun of me all you want, but i think all of its flaws are what gives it its charm, i love the food, and i love all the plaid wearing, pbr drinking, beardy hipster boys... so there. lol.

anyways, the girls were over pre-departure, having a few little celebratory dranks (for finishing our last first day whoo!) and i noticed that something had changed. we were still talking and laughing like we normally did. but it was what we were talking about that really struck a chord in me. no longer were we talking about new bands, shopping, shoes and gossip like we normally did. we were talking about weddings. weddings for god's sakes! we are 21 years old, wtf are we doing talking about weddings, mortgages, and the number of babies we want to have eventually?!?! as appalled as i was, i found myself drawn into the conversation like a moth drawn to the flame. i think that over the summer, something changed inside all of us. that realization that yes, we only have one more year of school left, and after that we are grown ups. adults. "mature." this stuff is actually going to be our reality pretty soon. i think it freaked me out so much because i think the end of school is really that time in which your childhood ends. you can't dick around anymore, stay up till all hours of the night, get up at 11 and roll into class in sweats. this is real life, and it's starting soon. (i want a big poofy wedding dress and 1 baby, most likely adopted haha) 


randy <3




i'm going to take a guess and say that most fourth years are feeling this way, and i'm sure my anxiety is going to rise as each month goes by and we get closer and closer to adulthood haha. just needed to vent about it! today is my first ad centre class, the sun is shining, and it's friday. what could possibly be bad about today? :)

tgif ladybugs! enjoy your sunny day
soph

No comments:

Post a Comment